The olive groves are facilitated in the sub-mountainous regions of the Kolymvari, Plakalona and Nochia municipality, in the northern and west Crete, where the local micro climate creates the ideal conditions for the production of super fine quality olive oil with an acidity viscosity of 0,2 to 0,5.
The Koroneiki (Ladolia, Psilolia) trees dominate and occupy the 99% of the olive groves. It is a variety that produces small but plenty seeds. It is used exclusively for the production of exquisite quality olive oil and it has been identified by the European Union's regulation 1056/97 as a Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) olive oil.
- Cold Extraction
- Unique serial number on every bottle
- Acidity based on the current production, < = 3.7%
- Quality Koroneiki, fruity flavour and pleasant aroma.
- Design & Packaging: By Polydorou Design, also protected in a hand-made pouch.
- 3 Gold, 1 Silver & 1 Bronze awards
- ISO & HACCP certified, Certificate of Pesticide and Organoleptic Analysis available at request
- Bottling in a 500ml glass bottle accompanied by a handmade pouch.
Pouches can be bespoke (subject to minimum quantity) with a logo or any other graphic, (as long as it does not affect its branding nor is against the EU regulations for bottled Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
In this region, as producers in their privately owned plantations, the owners cultivate 5.000 olive trees of the known "Koroneiki" variety. This exquisite Olive Oil is produced with natural methods and packaged without refining or any other treatment, to keep unchanged through time, the traditional values, purity and the authentic flavour of the extra virgin Olive Oil as has been provided for thousands of years by the Cretan land.